This post will cover all your questions as we have arrived at the Open 2018!
2017 was a another great year for CF Hamilton Athletes and we are really looking forward to an outstanding 2018! Everyone of you has worked hard this year and we can’t wait to watch your focus, hard work, and determination pay off. The atmosphere of the Open often brings out the best in us and whether or not that means PRs, or the conquering of first time movements – remember, this is you against you on the floor and your CFH Family will be there to support and cheer you on! If this is your first time taking on The Open, don’t hesitate to ask questions. You can ask a coach or email us at BonanniFitness@gmail.com – please put “CFH Open 2018” in the subject so we can get you a response quickly.
We are working to make each week flow as smoothly as possible and to ensure that this is an outstanding experience for every CFH athlete. Your help will also make this happen. Please read all of the below and let us know if you have any further questions.
- There will be no Friday night classes for the duration of the Open. You will have the opportunity to sign up for a heat in WODhopper. The heats will not be assigned times as we will need to account for number of people on the floor and the length of the workout.
- The movements and standards will be reviewed at 5:00 PM with first heats starting after. The gym will be open prior to this for people to start warming up. We will try to move as quickly as possible through the workouts. Please remember that the end time will depend largely on what each WOD is.
- You can officially complete the Open workout during the 6:00 AM and 9:30 AM classes on Friday, but we hope you can make it to Friday Night Lights!
- Monday nights will serve as another opportunity to complete the Open workout. This can be for people who did not make Friday or are redoing the workout. This will take place on the “Open Gym” side of the gym.
- If you are doing the Open workout on Monday night – it is your responsibility to hook up with a judge. If you need help, please let us know.
- A different WOD will be posted for the regular Monday night classes.
- If you are traveling, we recommend you contact a CrossFit Affiliate close by and see if you can drop in and complete the Open workout with them. Please contact Joey if you need help locating an affiliate in that area.
- Not “officially” signed up for the Open? No worries. You can still come in Friday night and take part in Friday Night Lights.
- We will designate a warm-up area, spectator area, and workout area for each week.
- If you plan on videotaping your workout, it is your responsibility to secure an individual responsible for this.
- PARKING – the front and back lots can both be used. There will be cones set up in the back lot – please do not park beyond them as that space is reserved for the busses next door.
Option 1: Regular CFH Programming
Build to 3 Rep Front Squat
1 minute of High Plank, then:
2 sets of Tabata Hollow Hold
Option 2: “Active Recovery” Prep for CrossFit Open 18.1
*Please perform all active recovery and open prep on the “Open Gym” side.
**Please ask Coach if it is okay to use equipment!
5 min. Row / Bike / Run @ a moderate pace
30 Air Squats
20 Ring Rows
3 min. Row / Bike / Run @ a moderate pace
20 Thrusters w/ PVC or Empty Bar
15 Kipping Pull-ups
1 min. Row / Bike / Run @ a moderate pace
10 Overhead Squats w/ PVC or Empty Bar
10 Strict Pull-ups / Kipping
*This is meant to be done at a moderate pace and to break a sweat. This should not be “For Time” or under high intensity.
- See 2/16/18 for last weeks 5 rep max.
- See 9/19/17 for last 3 rep max.