5 – 5 – 5 – 5 – 5
*A spin from 2018 Individual CrossFit Games Workout
10 min. AMRAP
5-8-13 reps of:
Parallette handstand push-ups
Then, lunge 100 ft. with 2 kettlebells overhead
2 53-lb. KB for lunges
2 35-lb. KB for lunges
Athletes will complete 5 handstand push-ups and 5 deadlifts, 8 handstand push-ups and 8 deadlifts, then 13 handstand push-ups and 13 deadlifts. They then will pick up 2 kettlebells and lunge with them overhead. If time remains, return to the handstand push-up
- Today’s workout will be challenging!
- This will be completed as a 10 minute Time Cap or AMRAP.
- Choose a Handstand Push-up variation that is challenging to you
- Stack plates if you are completing as prescribed
- For the Deadlift, choose the prescribed weight or use 70% of Part 1.
- The Deadlifts do not have to be completed unbroken but athletes should be able to cycle a few repetitions and maintain movement mechanics.
- For the lunge, athletes may use 1 Kettlebell or 1 Dumbbell overhead. Practice this in the warm-up