Happy New Year everyone!! Jan. 5th is the start of our CFH 30-day Paleo challenge.
Saturday from 10 – 6:30pm will be our body fat testing. Please make sure you go to our facebook page, and schedule your 15 minute block. If your not on facebook, and believe me I totally get it check with your coaches to set up a time. Appointments can be made with a coach to discuss the challenge, please do not wait until Saturday.
THE PALEO DIET OUTLINE
The rules of the Paleo Diet are to eat foods with very few and all pronounceable ingredients, or better yet, no ingredients listed at all because they’re totally natural and unprocessed. Omitting all of the following foods and beverages will help you regain your healthy metabolism, reduce inflammation, and help you discover how these foods are truly impacting your health, fitness, and quality of life. We are going off of a point system in this challenge, you can eat these foods. However, the more you indulge in them, the more you are limiting the extent of your results.
- Do not consume added sugar of any kind, real or artificial. No maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, Splenda, Equal, Nutrasweet, xylitol, etc. Read your labels because companies sneak sugar into products in ways you might not recognize. However, for the purposes of this challenge, we will allow Stevia as the only approved sweetener.
- Do not consume alcohol. It just isn’t good for you and you’re trying to make a lifestyle change, right?
- Do not eat grains. This includes (but is not limited to) wheat, rye, barley, oats, corn, rice, millet, bulgur, sorghum, amaranth, buckwheat, sprouted grains, and all of those gluten-free, pseudo-grains like quiona. Yes, we said corn… for the purposes of this challenge, corn is a grain. This also includes all the ways we add wheat, corn, and rice into our food in for the form of bran, germ, starch, and so on. Again, read your labels.
- Do not eat legumes. This includes beans of all kind (black, red, pinto, navy, white, kidney, lima, fava, etc.) peas, chickpeas, lentils, and peanuts (no peanut butter either). This also includes all forms of soy—soy sauce, miso, tofu, tempeh, edamame, and all the ways we sneak soy into foods (like lecithin).
- Do not eat dairy. This includes cow, goat, or sheep’s milk products such as cream, cheese, kefir, yogurt (even Greek), and sour cream.
- Do not eat white potatoes. This is somewhat arbitrary, but if we are trying to change your habits and improve the hormonal impact of your food choices, it’s best ot leave white, red, purple, Yukon gold and fingerling potatoes off your plate. But DO eat sweet potatoes! Just go light if weight loss is your goal.
Members will be judged in 3 categories.
1. Total Points.
2. Body Fat %
You will have a possible total of 10 points per day.
Meals Per Day
+5 All meals and snacks are paleo. No cheats!
+3 Any portion of any meal for the day. A little slip up!
+1 A whole meal wasn’t Paleo. Big cheat!
0 More than a whole meal wasn’t paleo. Going down in flames!!
Bonus Points Per Day
+1 At least 3+ meals per day that include veggies.
+1 30+ minutes of exercise a day. This can include a crossfit workout, running, walking, hiking, yoga, or simply 30+ minutes of mobility.
+1 5+ grams of fish oil per day and at least 1,000 IU of vitamin D.
+1 7+ hours of sleep a night. Friday’s night sleep will be the start for the challenge!!
+1 at least 64 oz of H2O.
-1 Alcohol of any kind. ( Max of -5 points per day )
Side Note: There are no portion restrictions in the challenge, but be smart. If you are eating an entire bag of trail mix, you are not eating Paleo; you are doing more of the same stuff you did before. Use this challenge to change your habits.
I completely understand that everyone has busy lives, schedules, parties, and functions that will all disrupt the 30-day challenge. Many of you have different reasons and goals for doing this, and it’s ok if you have a cheat or 2. Maybe your doing the paleo challenge plus dairy, or maybe you don’t want to give up the glass of wine at night with diner. Don’t concern yourself with all the points that you might gain or lose and try and focus on making some changes in your diet for 30 days that will improve your overall health.
15 PVC Passovers
10 Down Dog to Cobra
10 V-sits to Roll-outs
10 Groiners ( 5 sec. hold )
3 Rounds of
10 Butterfly Sit-ups
5 Inchworms with push-up
7 Rounds For Time
10 Power Cleans
20 Push Jerks or 10 HSPU’s